Passfolio (Nov 2018 → Sept 2022)
Role: Software Engineer
Joined Passfolio in November 2018 as a software engineer on a team focused on developing a financial and investment platform for global clients.
- Debit feature allows users to open a US debit card from anywhere in the world. Generating a total value of purchases of $1.4M.
- High-yield savings account feature utilizing Gemini API to stake users' assets generating 7% APY. Generating a total value of deposits of $4.1M.
- Developed core Passfolio app using React Native, Redux, and Sagas allowing users to buy and sell any US stock or cryptocurrencies.
- Built out Passfolio web using React, TypeScript, and our open source state management library to allow users to access their accounts from the web.
- Implemented multiple depositing sources helping increase the Assets under management from $0 to $135M.
- Reviewed and provided quality control checks for peers code.
BlockCities (Aug 2018 → Nov 2018)
Role: Software Engineer Contractor
- Developed proof of concept native mobile application using React Native and Redux allowing users to collect, create and sell decentralized virtual buildings on the Ethereum blockchain, as the sole developer on the project.
- Created API and backend systems in Go and Postgres for user and virtual building management.
CDK Global (Jun 2017 → Aug 2017)/(Jun 2018 → Aug 2018)
Role: Software Engineer Intern
- Developed KPI tracking and analysis dashboards inside of the CDK Data Portal in React and Redux to display live KPI scores and projections, which could be viewed at varying depths depending on role; used by C-level executives and managers to quickly understand different teams‚ progress and future plan.
- Utilized the Jira ticket data to analyze profit and cost data of Jira stories, and estimate and project business impact.
- Built internal profile page feature for the company's social network, and implemented features for adding, endorsing, and searching for technical skills (much like LinkedIn's skill section), allowing employees to connect with each other.